Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette

9th September 2016

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette

9th September 2016
Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette

If there was ever a palette so perfect for me, it is the Moondust palette. I tried to resist, I will use the word ‘tried’ verrrry loosely as I resisted for about 5 minutes, but alas caved nothing after that. Urban Decay’s Moondust eyeshadows are some of my favourite to ever exist and right from hearing about this palette for the first time, I knew that I needed to have it.

This is seriously the palette that dreams are made of. I cannot describe how beautiful it is, its like perfect unicorn/mermaid/sparkly goodness all in one place. Once it was in my hands, I definitely wasn’t letting go.

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette review

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette bbloggers

The packaging of this palette is lovely. The whole thing is covered in gunmetal coloured glitter. It doesn’t feel too rough to touch. Simple but effective. The lid of the palette opens into a mirror. I don’t usually use mirrors that come in palettes as I find them too bulky to hold when I am applying makeup, but its always handy to have a spare mirror.

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette beauty blog

The selection of shades is so diverse, yet sparkle more than Edward Cullen in the sun. This is a perfect mix of smokey and bright shades, which blend together like a dream.

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette swatch

The top row of shades is the ‘brighter’ row of shades. Specter is an iridescent nude/pink which is perfect for everyday. Element is my kind of shade, a deep salmon – similar to Salazen Grum from the Through the Looking Glass palette. Magnetic is a bright lilac, with blue bits shining through. Lightyear is a bright mint green, similar to a mermaid tail.

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette swatches

Granite is a deep Gunmetal – perfect smokey eye colour. Lithium is a bit of a vintage gold colour with brown tones. Vega is a bright denim colour and Galaxy is a dark grey with teal flecks throughout.

This palette is just as dreamy as I expected. I can’t really describe the sparkle of each eyeshadow, just imagine a glitter explosion on the eyelids. The staying power of the each eyeshadow is brilliant and my eyes twinkle like fairy lights the whole time these are on. Just like the Moondust eyeshadows, these work so much better when applied with your finger rather than a brush. As you can probably tell, I am totally in love and just want to spend all day playing with this palette.

Have you tried this palette? Do you love it as much as me?

• Karolina Anne 9th September 2016 at 7:20 am

I usually wouldn't go for bright shades as I tend to stick to browns and nudes but I am really looking to try out more colourful shades for going out sometime soon as they always add so much to an outfit! From your review, I can tell these seem amazing so I will keep an eye out for this palette next time I am shopping – Great post! x

Karolina

• admin 11th October 2016 at 9:34 pm

Thank you lovely! Its always good to dip into a bit of colour every now and again 🙂

• Tanya Golubeva 9th September 2016 at 9:29 am

Lovely post!

Maybe you want to follow each other?
    Let me know on my blog & I'll follow back right away.
    x
    What makes you beautiful

• admin 11th October 2016 at 9:34 pm

• Sarah Smiles 9th September 2016 at 12:32 pm

This is such a beautiful palette. I've been lusting after this but I'm just not sure when I'll wear it. Its just so beautiful though! 🙂 xx

• admin 11th October 2016 at 9:34 pm

Haha isn't it?! <3

• Renee 9th September 2016 at 12:58 pm

Ahh such a gorgeous palette!

Renee | Life After Lux

• admin 11th October 2016 at 9:35 pm

🙂 isn't it!

• Amanda Jayne 9th September 2016 at 2:32 pm

Oh my god this is what dreams are made of. I've not had my eye on UD palettes in a while (the most recent one to catch my eye was the latest Alice in Wonderland one), but I really, really, really wouldn't mind getting my hands on this! It's a shame I don't have the cash at the moment! I imagine these would work really well with some MAC Fix+? I can just imagine how extra shimmery and metallicy these would look whilst damp. This palette looks like so much fun to play with!

• admin 11th October 2016 at 9:36 pm

Haha bless you! it is the dreamiest palette that I have ever seen! 🙂

• Gem Barnes 9th September 2016 at 11:12 pm

Loved your Twilight reference haha. I absolutely love my Moondust palette, the shades are perfect and so so sparkly! Enjoyed reading your post 🙂
    Gem | gemsupnoRuth.co.uk

• Gem Barnes 9th September 2016 at 11:12 pm

Typo* north oops

• admin 11th October 2016 at 9:37 pm

Aha I'm glad you spotted it! 😉 Thanks lovely!

• Noor Unnahar 10th September 2016 at 8:37 pm

Everyone's raving about this palette and gurrrrrl I am not even surprised. These shades are bomb dot com & super pigmented. I haven't tried them on yet but would surely love to. Urban Decay NEVER disappoints me like never ever ever *in Taylor Swift's voice*

Noor | Noor's Place

• admin 11th October 2016 at 9:38 pm

Aha 🙂 it is pretty special!

• Honey 11th September 2016 at 8:55 pm

Oh this looks amazing!! but are you sure they sparkle more than Edward? 😀

xo Honey – Royal Lifestyle

• admin 11th October 2016 at 9:38 pm

Haha 😉 I really think they do!

• Heather Nixon 29th September 2016 at 6:20 pm