MAC Matte Lipstick – Please Me

19th February 2016

MAC Matte Lipstick – Please Me

19th February 2016
mac matte lipstick please me

I don’t know what it is about this time of year, but I get to February and my head immediately thinks Spring. I know it’s a long way off, but in my mind I just like to skip past this dull season and reemerge in sunnier and prettier times. That is exactly what I seemed to do, when I picked up MAC Please Me lipstick – the most perfect shade for Spring!

mac please me matte lipstick

I have been after a staple, everyday lipstick for ages. I am running desperately low on Hot Gossip and rather than just replace this like a normal person, I opted to try a new shade completely. Hot Gossip will also be repurchased at a later date, I couldn’t live without that baby! Also the first MAC lipstick I ever purchased…little fact for you all there.
mac please me lipstick swatch
mac please me lipstick swatch

Please Me swatches as a bright coral/pink mix, the colour itself has a very 60’s feel to it. It is very similar to Snob, but has a much softer tone to it. It makes me look forward to pretty dresses and walks in the park. Who knew a lipstick could make somebody so excited for the sun to be out!

This is a matte formula, which I don’t normally have too much of an issue with but this shows up the slightest bit of dryness. You can see from the photo’s just how dry my lips look and normally they are fine. This would be my only flaw though, as it applies like a dream and doesn’t bleed at all.

I find this lipstick a bit of a funny one. One day I am totally in love with it and then another I’m really unsure if it actually suits me. Marmite lipstick anyone? I think as I never go for Coral shades, it is a bit out of my comfort zone. I’m sure when it comes to actual Spring though, I won’t be able to put it down!

• Jackie 19th February 2016 at 5:03 pm

This was my first Mac lipstick and I am in love with the color. It's def my go to color of all time.

Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

• admin 19th February 2016 at 9:26 pm

Was it? 🙂 I think I'm a little obsessed with it now!

• Jessica Wilson-Leary 19th February 2016 at 8:00 pm

It looks amazing against your bright blue hair, it really pops!

Dupes Are A Girls Best Friend

• admin 19th February 2016 at 9:26 pm

Thanks lovely! 🙂

• Jamie-Lee Pridham 20th February 2016 at 8:03 pm

Please Me and Hot Tahiti were my first MAC lipsticks too! Love this shade, I wore it constantly last summer! It looks lovely with your hair and skintone 🙂
    Jamie -x-

• admin 21st February 2016 at 1:10 pm

Aww thank you! I think this is definitely going to be used a lot this summer! 🙂

• Roisin Giles 21st February 2016 at 12:28 am

aah this really suits you! love this shade! might have to pick it up 😍

• admin 21st February 2016 at 1:10 pm

Thank you! I think you should 😉

• The Sunday Mode 23rd February 2016 at 12:12 pm

I think my lips might be a bit too dry for this one, but I actually just bought Hot Gossip! I haven't tried it out yet but I'm really excited to give it a try 🙂

• admin 25th February 2016 at 10:20 pm

Amazing, I'm sure you will love hot gossip. It's one of my all time favs 🙂

• Nicole Lauren Blake 23rd February 2016 at 1:59 pm

Wow this suits you perfectly! I recently got it for Christmas and have yet to wear it as I'm not a big fan of pink lips on me. Maybe it will be a perfect Spring lip for me too though!

Nicole | nicolelaurenblake.co.uk

• admin 25th February 2016 at 10:24 pm

Thank you so much. it is definitely worth a try for spring, it's not as bold as it looks in the bullet 🙂