MAC matte lipstick – heroine

17th March 2014

MAC matte lipstick – heroine

17th March 2014
uk beauty blog
mac heroine lipstick
mac heroine swatches

So I thought I would start a new week with a new post about a new lipstick, lots of new there! This isn’t just any old lipstick either, it is the much coveted MAC Heroine lipstick! I have wanted this lipstick ever since I saw that it was making a return and managed to bagsy the last one in my local store all thanks to my mum, I have definitely trained her well. You don’t realise how hard it was for me to take photos before using it too, I just wanted to put it straight on but managed to resist temptation, phew!

mac heroine review
mac heroine matte lipstick

To me, Heroine is the most amazingly, amazing shade going. I love the vibrancy of it so much and I am so happy it is now a permanent shade. I know that it won’t be everyones cup of tea because it is so bright but I can’t help but smile and feel good when I wear it. This isn’t the most typical shade I would go for, but every now and again I like to step out of my comfort zone and try something new.

In some lights this lipstick has a very fuchsia toned feel and in others it has a deeper violet look. I love the fact that every time I wear it, it seems to look slightly different, a magic lipstick perhaps? In the bullet the colour does look a lot darker, but when swatched it seems to brighten up slightly. This lasted a good 6 hours on me before needing to be touched up which is what you need with such a bold lipstick.

Being a matte formula, the pigmentation is really good and compared to other matte’s I have tried it isn’t as drying which is a bonus too, although a bit of lip balm never hurts anyway. The shade makes me think of Feel My Pulse from last years Temperature Rising collection, but this is slightly more purple.

I absolutely love this shade and think everyone should give it a go at least once, you never know you may be pleasantly surprised. Although I haven’t really had anywhere to go and show it off. The next cocktail night, I know I will definitely be wearing this beauty.

• Erica D 18th March 2014 at 3:33 am

I have been debating on whether or not I want this shades, I've swatched it a few times and love the color but I do have other purple lipsticks in my collection.

-Erica

• Emily 23rd March 2014 at 9:56 pm

It really is lovely, I suppose it depends how similar it is to the shades you have though!

• Elladollar 18th March 2014 at 10:10 am

It looks gorgeous on you !

ella x

• hannah 19th March 2014 at 5:19 pm

I have always been a little hesitant to try a purple lipstick, but it does look incredible on you! Maybe I need to step out of my comfort zone and give it a try. I love how you played down the eyes in order to enhance the colour on your lips.

Come visit sometime! Red Lips & Rosewater

• Emily 23rd March 2014 at 9:57 pm

Thankyou, it really is worth trying. You never know until you put it on how much you may love it! 🙂

• jennie 19th March 2014 at 11:01 pm

Oh wow! It looks amazing on you!! <3

Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

• Emily 23rd March 2014 at 9:57 pm

Thankyou sweetpea! 🙂

• isthistheelevator 3rd April 2014 at 3:45 pm

Amazing colour. Do you know if Mac do this in a darker matte shade, without going too dark that is? Got enough if them. Haha. Great blog. X

I have recently started a blog myself, any feedback would be fab 🙂

• Emily 7th April 2014 at 8:45 pm

Thankyou for you're comment! MAC Violetta is along the same lines just a bit pinkier. I can't really think of anything darker though I am afraid 🙁