bourjois color boost lip crayon – red sunrise

27th July 2013

bourjois color boost lip crayon – red sunrise

27th July 2013

I have definitely jumped on the lip crayon bandwagon these days! Ever since I tried a NARS satin lip pencil, I seem to have fallen in love with them a little bit.

When I heard that Bourjois were releasing their version of a lip crayon I knew I had to try it. I really like Bourjois, I think they are one of those understated brands that always get somewhat forgotten about unfortunately. Now after reading constant reviews and seeing online swatches I was almost certain I was going to choose Peach on the Beach, but actually after swatching in store, I fell in love with Red Sunrise, the power of swatching eh!?

bourjois color boost
bourjois color boost lip crayon
bourjois color boost red sunrise
uk beauty blog
bourjois red sunrise swatch
bourjois lip crayon red sunrise

bourjois color boost lip crayon ‘red sunrise’ £7.99

Red Sunrise is a really glossy raspberry red, with slight pinkish tones to it. It is really easy to apply and the colour just glides on with one swipe. It is nice and pigmented but not very opaque, although it still manages to provide enough glossy colour. The crayon is quite chunky too, about the width of a standard marker pen so it is really easy to grip.

The crayon feels like a balm when it is first put on the lips but after a few moments, it dries. It doesn’t dry completely as you are still left with a moisturising feel throughout. Bourjois claim this will last 10 hours, although I am really not sure as for me it only managed to last a decent 3-4 hours on me before it started to wear on the edges of my lips.

I feel that a lip liner is really needed with this, as it did bleed quite a lot. Not even 5 minutes after application I could see that it was starting to expand. I do tend to find this with quite a lot of the lip products I own though, so it may just be my abnormal lips haha! Other than this, I do love everything about it!

The colour itself is perfect for summer and will definitely be coming on holiday with me, especially as it has an SPF 15! I think Bourjois have definitely come onto a winner with the formula of this, I just only wish it was available in more colours than the 4 available! *fingers crossed*

These are available from Boots and Superdrug!

• ED 27th July 2013 at 3:17 pm

I bought all four of these today – I love them!
    They're so shiny and pigmented too. They definitely give Clinique a run for their money!
    Found you through the #bbloggers blog hop.

Elise Dopson | Beauty, lifestyle and fashion blog

• Emily 28th July 2013 at 5:52 pm

They definitely do! 🙂
      I think i will go back and get the rest!
      🙂

• jennie 27th July 2013 at 4:50 pm

I've been hearing a lot of great things about these, I'm a bit of a sucker for this type of lip product so I'll have to go and have a look I think. They're always so easy to apply. This colour looks lovely, shame about the bleeding but I don't think I'd mind that too much for such a pretty colour! It really suits you <3

Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

• Emily 28th July 2013 at 5:55 pm

Thankyou lovely! I think they are really worth a look, especially if you like a crayon!
      A little bit of lip liner tends to sort the bleeding though.
      🙂

• Hayley Bamford 27th July 2013 at 6:11 pm

This is such a pretty colour!
    BeautyRambles
    xx

• Emily 28th July 2013 at 5:55 pm

Thanks sweet!

• Claire walters 27th July 2013 at 6:51 pm

Makes your lips look amazing! Following you 🙂 http://www.fairysbeautychest.com

• Emily 28th July 2013 at 5:55 pm

Thankyou lovely!
      🙂

• Summer 27th July 2013 at 7:26 pm

This looks lovely on you 🙂 xx

• Emily 28th July 2013 at 5:55 pm

thankyou so much!
      🙂

• Chantelle Nelson 28th July 2013 at 6:19 pm

Hi, I just came across your blog through the blog hop! Great post, I really want to try these lip crayons from Bourjois the colour looks great on you 🙂 x

The Girl In The Tartan Scarf

• Emily 29th July 2013 at 8:40 pm

Thanks 🙂
      They are definitely worth a try, really good value!

• aquamarina 17th September 2013 at 6:40 pm

Your eyeshadow is gorgeous, what is it?

• Emily 17th September 2013 at 7:47 pm